Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Discussion Between Me and My Sister

As we were taking a scroll at The Garden's we had this topic of owning a branded bag of our own. The branded bag range are LV, Burberry, Chanel and etc. Below are the conversation

Vivi : I feel like buying such a bag is unnessary because the price is crazy.
Lari : I don't know why I feel like I must own such a bag. It's like the society is forcing me to do it.
Vivi : What? You want to buy one don't blame on otheres
Lari : I'm serious, to prove your status in a society you have to own such a bag.
Vivi : How about just buying a Coach bag?
Lari : One of my friend say Coach bags are cheap
Vivi : WTF?
Lari : Ya you can buy one Coach bag with RM800 what.
Vivi : But isn't RM800 expensive?
Lari : True also in KL RM800 is nothing
Vivi : Somehow I feel like I wan to spend these money for better use such as helping the poor
        ( I do think like that sometime but just action didnt come after words )
Lari : But look at the things that you have now.
(As I was observing stuffs that I own Rina started counting)
Lari : Nokia N97. Ipod, PSP, Camera s90 and bla bla..  Whatever you have now is more expensive the RM800 that you sounded like A LOT just now.
Vivi : I kept silence and I think in my mind, can I live without these luxury? Owning a NOKIA without color screen type phone, no Ipod, no Games, a lap top that can't play FB games. Can I?

All of us are happily enjoying our lifes with all the things we needed. When drive along the street I often observe those old people that carry a whole load of stuff like a donkey just to sell some money out of trashes. I have the intention to stop my car and offer my help to them but what is pulling me back? I often use excuses like "they might think Im a bad person trying to con them or they might be bad people, yea who knows"

However from now on I am going to live life humble with a heart of a woman that is not chasing designer bags and a will of man that must own new gadgets. XD

I believe I can :)

No comments: